Apprentice Software Development Technician
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of programmers who pride themselves on reliability and the clarity of the code they produce. The Initsys Limited market is primarily large scale integration projects and due to their continued expansion they've been actively seeking for a new programmer to join their ranks!
Initsys Limited mainly specialise in integration projects in relation to Software, using Merlin - a Software Support System. As an Apprentice your role will be to get involved with development tasks; whether that's for Software Development or Web Development.
Typical roles and responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Learning and creating new code using various different programming languages as per client specification
- Fixing bugs and inaccuracies in web or software code
- Develop on code commenting (providing instructions on the code)
- Testing of code; to make sure it performs the desired function
- Learning how to interpret end User requirements, i.e. understanding customer needs and requirements
- Helping to update websites using HTML & CSS
- Have the chance to produce software platforms using; C#, Python & a small amount of PHP
For the ideal candidate, as well as the chance to achieve a nationally recognized Level 3 qualification, they'll also have the chance to work and receive support for Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths alongside.
There is also the opportunity for progression within the business upon successful completion of the Level 3.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
It is highly important that you do not contact the Employer directly; any attempt of this may invalidate a candidate's application. Please note this job may expire before the stated date if a suitable applicant is appointed. Likewise, if we have not found the right candidate, the closing date may be extended.
If you hold a full UK driver licence or are currently in the process of learning to drive, please declare this upon submitting your application (please note this isn't a necessity to this role, unless stated otherwise throughout).
- A good understanding of programming languages such as; C#, PHP, Python, HTML & CSS
- Computer literate
- Effective communicator
- Problem solver
- Methodical approach to work
Must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/maths and have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
A Software Development Technician is typically part of a team that builds simple software components for web, mobile or desktop applications, as part of larger software development projects. This apprenticeship will help you to interpret design requirements for discrete components of the project, typically implementing code, which other team members have developed, to produce the required component before testing that this component meets its intended functionality. On successful completion, apprentices can apply for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians.
Apprentices must achieve each of the Ofqual-regulated Knowledge Modules, as summarised below.
- Knowledge Module 1: Software Development Context and Methodologies (for level 3 Software Development Technician)
- Knowledge Module 2: Programming (for level 3 Software Development Technician)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.