Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the principles expressed in the mission statement of The JCB Academy and those of JCB, the sponsor, are evident in every aspect of the discharge of the duties of the post
- Model the highest professional standards to staff and learners in all aspects of the role
- Be committed to working in a cohesive, supportive and forward-thinking team of colleagues which shares an ambitious vision to secure flagship status for The JCB Academy
- Be prepared to work 'across the piece', being flexible and interested in other areas across The JCB Academy
- To work at all times to the standards as set out in the staff Code of Conduct
Maintenance and Cleaning:
- Dispose of waste materials arising from the use of the premises which are not covered by alternative arrangements
- Replace consumables on the premises in appropriate locations which are not covered by alternative arrangements, e.g. toilet rolls, soap, hand sanitiser, etc.
- Clean designated areas not covered by alternative arrangements, e.g. outside areas, car parks, drains, boiler house. This may include cleaning up after contractors during academy holiday periods
- Clear blockages/remove foreign matter from sinks, toilets and drains and clean up spillages as required
- Remove spillages and resultant stains from floors and other surfaces
- Remove debris from gullies, drains, etc, ensuring the academy grounds are litter free
- Ensure clear and safe pedestrian access to the academy, particularly in adverse weather conditions, e.g. gritting
Security and Safety:
- Check that the heating and lighting systems are operating satisfactorily and check their efficiency with regard to energy conservation
- Check fire and/or security alarms are working satisfactorily
- Ensure that premises are in a safe, tidy and satisfactory condition prior to use
- Maintain vigilance for health and safety concerns in and around the building/site
- Undertake minor repairs, to include minor plumbing, joinery, electrical work and internal decoration and maintenance, e.g. replacing door handles, replacing light bulbs/plugs
- Undertake minor plant maintenance in accordance with agreed working practices, e.g. lubrication of heating pumps as appropriate
- Undertake painting and decorating, e.g. making good when cabinets/noticeboard are moved, covering up graffiti, covering up marks on walls
- Minor repairs to fixtures and fittings such as replacing locks
- Minor repairs to furniture, replacing door and window catches
- Minor improvements such as the erection of small shelves, display and notice boards
- Unblocking sinks, traps and waste pipes; adjustment and rewashing of taps; stopping leaks
- General portage and collection activities as required, including setting up and clearing away furniture
- Attending to, where necessary, personnel visiting the site such as contractors, representatives of utilities (gas, electric) and monitoring any work being carried out
Full-time position upon completion of Apprenticeship.
You will be paid for your 30 minutes lunch.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Active listening skills
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Customer focused
- Professional and respectful approach
- Takes responsibility and accountability
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work constructively using own initiative in the absence of senior staff and as part of a team
- Ability to relate well to young people and to adults
5 GCSE's (or equivalent) at Grade 4/C and above.
Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship Standard.
Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required).
This apprenticeship is delivered through a combination of Work Based Assessment and day/block release. The programme will culminate in an End Point Assessment, where all the skills and knowledge gained on the apprenticeship will be formally tested.