Apprentice Site Joiner
GEO. Hodges & Son Limited
Duties will include:
- First fix joinery, such as assembling and installing timber studwork frames
- Second fix joinery, such as fitting skirtings, architraves and hanging doors
- Assembly and fixing pre-made items such as kitchen cabinets, IPS systems
- Accurately, cutting and assembling items to be fixed into position by others
- Repairs and maintenance to existing installations
- Carry out various other construction works, as directed
- Working alongside other construction workers and assist, if required
- You will be expected to work in a safe and responsible manner at all times
To become a qualified site joiner, with the potential to progress into site supervision and management.
- You will be required to work in various locations around the UK and staying away overnight is part of the position
- You will need a full clean driving licence (due to nature of the role)
- Some of the work will be outdoors, in cold conditions
- You will be required to work at height at times
- Good attention to detail
- High level of accuracy
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, committed to learn.
English & maths at GCSE Grade C/4 (or above/equivalent) would be beneficial.
If you do not already meet the qualifications criteria, Stephenson College will invite you to take initial assessments which will indicate which level you are currently working at. These tests are not timed and completed in a relaxed environment. More details will be given upon application.
- On the job training, working with an experienced and qualified joiner and reporting to our site management. Block release for Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery apprenticeship training
- We will also provide scissor and boom operator training (IPAF) and mobile tower scaffold erection training (PASMA). Other off the job training in accordance with our Training Plan
- Block release to Stephenson College in Coalville
- Functional skills if necessary
- Off-the-job training
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.