Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints
- Constructing base templates if necessary
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines
- Setting up metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, flame cutters, brakes, and shears
- Working with skilled operators learning plate rolling, press braking, ring rolling, tube bending
- Double-checking design specifications before commencing with cutting work
- Fabricating and constructing metal components
- Grinding and finishing completed products
- Performing quality checks on completed products
- Conforming with state and company safety regulations
- Completing job reports
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Interest in a wide range of engineering manufacturing processes
- Be able to work in a busy team environment, capable of working to targets and deadlines
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of technical competence in maths
- Attention to detail in interpreting manufacturing information and working to high quality standards
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible, personable and professional attitude, whilst working as part of a team
- Applicants must have a good temperament, be polite and courteous
- Communication / interpersonal skills - ability to communicate in a confident manner with staff at all levels
- Applicants must be pro-active in their approach
GCSE A-C / 9-4, including English, Maths and a Science, and preferably a practical Engineering qualification.
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Advanced Level Apprenticeship gaining a Level 3 qualification, Metal Fabricator.