What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will experience several different parts of the sewing operation involved in the manufacturing of mattresses and bedding products. Throughout the apprenticeship and the daily tasks will progress as they become more experienced. Daily task could include;
• Cutting and shaping fabrics
• The use of several different sewing machines
• Alter bedding products to fit customers bespoke sizes
• Work with mattress production operatives on finishing of mattresses
• Altering machine settings for different materials
• Regular cleaning and maintenance of equipment been used
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Furniture Manufacturing, including NVQ and functional skills maths and English. Work based learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
• A great opportunity to develop your career with an employer who supports continuing professional development.
Reality CheckMonday - Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Friday: 8:00am - 2:00pm, 30 mins break, 2 x 10 mins break, 39 hours per week
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredOther Basic Maths (Grade n/a) Desired
Other Standard English (Grade n/a) Desired