If cars are your passion then Honda will provide you with first class training on the very latest products and innovations, with dedicated Honda trainers who will help build knowledge and develop your skills.
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians. You will be an Apprentice service and diagnostic motor technician in a busy workshop environment.
You will carry out tasks relevant to maintaining and repairing motor vehicles:
- To assist qualified technicians with servicing and repairs
- Using specialist equipment
- Investigating vehicle faults and identifying causes
- Removing, repairing and replacing parts in line with manufacturer's standards
This exciting opportunity has arisen at your local Honda Dealership based in Orpington, where you will be required to learn all aspects of the job role. Training will be provided both in the workplace and at the Honda Institute Centre of Excellence.
All we ask is that you are committed to the Apprenticeship Programme for 3 years and have the passion and ambition to grow into a highly skilled Car Service Technician. Successful people are at the heart of Honda’s success so if you want to be a part of this then our Apprenticeship Programme is for you.
Candidates must live within 20 miles of the vacancy.
Possible career progression opportunities include master technician, service or aftersales department management, or even dealership management.
- All we ask is that you are committed to the Apprenticeship Programme for 3 years and have the passion and ambition to grow into a highly skilled car service technician
- Work experience within the industry would be advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Team oriented
- Positive outlook
- Willing to learn and follow instructions
- Evident interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry
- Results orientated
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
Minimum of 3 GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-D/9-3 in English and maths required.
You will receive top quality Honda training leading to nationally recognised industry qualifications. An Apprentice Car Service Technician works towards the Honda Advanced Apprenticeship Programme, including, City and Guilds Diploma Level 3 in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, City and Guilds Level 2 Award in Employee Rights and Responsibilities, Functional Skills, the Honda Challenge Personal Development Programme and the Honda Maintenance Technician Award.