Apprentice Service Technician
Raytheon Professional Services
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
You will be an Apprentice service and diagnostic motor technician in a busy workshop environment.
You will carry out tasks relevant to maintaining and repairing motor vehicles.
- Assist qualified technicians with servicing and repairs
- Observe best work practices, develop and maintain skills levels in all aspects of repair, service, and maintenance of motor vehicles
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Maintain personal standards of dress, cleanliness and hygiene, consistent with the standards laid down by the company
- Be responsible for the safety of yourself and others, using protective equipment when required
- Develop and maintain a thorough and current product knowledge
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality and workmanship
- Advise the workshop foreman or service advisor of any additional work necessary on a vehicle during servicing
- Assistance with any other task as directed
- Possible career progression opportunities include master technician, service or aftersales department management, or even dealership management
- Candidates must live within a realistic commutable distance of the vacancy (this will be dictated by the employer)
- All we ask is that you are committed to the Apprenticeship Programme for 3 years and have the passion and ambition to grow into a highly skilled car service technician
- Work experience within the industry would be advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Team oriented
- Positive outlook
- Willing to learn and follow instructions
- Evident interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry
- Results orientated
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Minimum of 3 GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-D/9-3 in English and maths required
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle) standard (Level 3).
Training consists of 17 weeks block training over a 3 year period with the remainder of your time being spent at a Vauxhall retailer where practical training and guidance will be provided.
You will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) along with Functional Skills in English and maths at Level 2 (if required).
You will also work towards Vauxhall internal qualifications via My Academy Bonze and Silver courses.
As part of your training, you will attend our Vauxhall Apprenticeship Technical Centre in Doncaster for block release training (accommodation and transport costs will be covered by your employer).
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.