If you have an interest in motor vehicle technology, this is your opportunity to start your career.
As an Apprentice, you will work alongside an experienced Technician, maintaining and repairing customer’s vehicles, reporting to the Centre Manager.
The job will involve the service, diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of Lexus vehicles to very high industry standards.
Duties will include;
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures, such as, removing and replacing bolts, screws, clips, seals and fasteners, sometimes using cutting, drilling, filing and other fabrication skills
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the company’s Health and Safety processes, accurate record keeping, and following standardised workshop practices
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information, then applying the information appropriately
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring equipment
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards prior to handing over to customers
- Service and maintain without supervision
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification
- Investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Apply advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem-solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults
Upon completion of your apprenticeship, there will be scope for additional training, and it is not uncommon to progress through the ranks.
Vehicles are highly complex, and whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn. You must possess a genuine interest in motor vehicle technology and have practical ability to become a first-rate technician.
This is a physically demanding role so the candidate will need to be physically able to carry out demands of the role. You will also be active for most of the time.
- Technically minded
- Able to think logically
- A good listener
- Able to follow instructions
- Willing to study
- A team player
You should have, or be predicted to gain, good GCSE grades (or equivalent) in both English & maths but this is not essential.
Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle) apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
The apprenticeship is a great way of joining our winning team. With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with 23 weeks of residential training at the Toyota/Lexus Academy, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the apprenticeship standard in Automotive Retail Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle).
Apprentices stay at the Mercure Hotel near Burton.
All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer, whilst attending the Academy.