Duties will include:
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures, such as, removing and replacing bolts, screws, clips, seals, and fasteners, sometimes using cutting, drilling, filing and other fabrication skills
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the company’s Health and Safety processes, accurate record keeping, and following standardised workshop practices
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information, then applying the information appropriately
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring equipment
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards prior to handing over to customers
- Service and maintain without supervision
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification
- Investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Apply advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem-solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults
Once qualified, the right candidate can progress within the company.
- As a Vehicle Technician, you will have a number of transferable skills
- Customer satisfaction, and meeting targets is highly rewarding, and gives great job satisfaction
- This is a physically demanding role, so the candidates will need to be physically able to carry out the demands of the role
- Being active most of the time
- You may be expected to work Saturday’s on a rota basis
- Practical skills
- Logical thinking skills
- Good communication skills
You should be:
- Able to follow instructions
- Willing to study
- A team player
- Able to work in a busy, fast moving environment
- Technically minded
Ideally, you will have, or be predicted to gain, good GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths, although these are not essential. However, you must be literate and numerate.
Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle) apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle) apprenticeship is a great way of joining our winning team. With mentoring, support, and monitoring whilst at work, combined with 24 weeks of residential training (over 3 years) at the Toyota/Lexus Academy. You will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification from working with some highly skilled professionals.
Residential training, all travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer, whilst attending the Training Centre.