Apprentice Service & Maintenance Technician - Berkshire Toyota - Advanced (Level 3)
The job will involve the service, diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of vehicles to very high industry standards.
Duties will include;
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring equipment
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification
- Investigating vehicle faults and identifying their underlying causes
- Applying advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem-solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship standard Motor vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Level 3 qualification.
Once qualified, the right candidate can progress within the company.
- As a Vehicle Technician, you will have a number of transferable skills
- Customer satisfaction, and meeting targets is highly rewarding, and gives great job satisfaction
- This is a physically demanding role, being active most of the time
- You may be expected to work Saturday’s on a rota basis
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
You should be;
- Technically minded
- Able to think logically
- A good listener
You should be:
- Able to follow instructions
- Willing to study
- A team player
- Able to work in a busy, fast moving environment
- Ideally, you will have, or be predicted to gain, good GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths, although these are not essential
- However, you must be literate and numerate
- Level 3 - Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle) standard
- Functional Skills if required
With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with residential training at the Toyota Academy, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification.
- Off the job training is on a residential basis
- Apprentices stay at the Mercure Burton Upon Trent
- All travel and accommodation costs are covered by the employer
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.