What will the apprentice be doing?
- Under guidance, carry out maintenance, service, repairs and modifications to Company assets as directed.
- Under guidance, assist in keeping the branch/depot backlog of un-serviced equipment.
- Assist with ensuring that spares are requested in order to facilitate the speedy repair of equipment.
- Ensuring that equipment is presented in line with Company procedures and specified quality standards.
- Recording repair data by completing all paperwork required, or updating computer managed records
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training will be provided in the workplace through Myerscough College where you will work towards a Level 2 Landbased Service Engineer Standard Apprenticeship.
College attendance will be on a block release basis.
End point Assessment:
The end point assessment will contain 3 components:
Online Knowledge Test
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
When you have completed your apprenticeship and have gained experience as a Fitter, there are various career opportunities available to you.
Reality CheckThe Brandon Hire Station branch is located at: Stephenson St, London E16 4SA Please ensure you have adequate and sustainable transport to travel to the branch.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Team working, Any relevant work experience, Trustworthy and reliable, Flexible, Excellent Attendance, Time keeping skills, Positive attitude, Willingness to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 2 other subjects (Grade 3-9/D-A) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3-9/D-A) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3-9/D-A) Essential