We offer a wonderful opportunity for two enthusiastic people to join our market leading company working at the forefront of innovation and technology in the plastics industry.
In order to continue our world beating level of service support into the future, we would like to recruit two Apprentice Service Engineers to grow with us and become an important part of our Technical Team.
After your training you will become a fully qualified Field Service Engineer in our professional team and will be expected to be involved in:
- Equipment installation and commissioning
- Start-up and customer support
- Maintenance of ENGEL equipment
- Machine relocation
- Maintain customer relations
- Service administration tasks
- Safety and Quality activities
This is a 4 year apprenticeship resulting in a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering. The first year will be spent at Midland Group Training Services (MGTS) in Coventry learning core practical and theoretical elements of the role. For the following years, apprentices will attend MGTS on a day release basis to complete the necessary educational requirements for the programme.
Skills you will develop in your first year will include:
- Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment and Circuits
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment/Systems
- Maintaining Mechanical Devices and Equipment
- Maintaining Fluid Power Systems
- Preparing and using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing and Using Semi-Automatic Welding Equipment
ENGEL UK Ltd aims to offer permanent roles to all successful apprentices at the end of their training agreement wherever possible and to supporting continuing professional development.
From the 2nd Year onwards, the role will include visiting customers and working with our existing team of Field Service Engineers. A valid and clean driving licence will be essential for the candidate to hold, albeit not necessary for the 1st year whilst at MGTS. Candidates will need to be physically fit and able to lift and carry tools and equipment.
- Good understanding of Maths & Science
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Able to work to targets and deadlines
- Have a positive approach to work and a commitment to studying
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Enthusiastic and open to new challenges
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good time management skills
We are seeking applications from candidates who have or are predicted to gain 5 x GCSEs (or equivalent). Grades must be A*-C / 9-5 for maths and A*-C / 9-4 for English, Science and two other subjects.
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)