Reporting to the service manager Peter Ord, the apprentice will learn over a 2-3 year period all aspects of the job.
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Servicing, calibrating and installing of scales
- CCTV systems
- Access control systems and barriers
We have a comprehensive training matrix which would be completed as the apprentice progressed.
We have already taken 2 engineers through an apprenticeship and both are now working as full time service engineers. This is the route that we would like to take for the current apprenticeship. Our service engineers earn between £ 22k and £30k depending upon experience and skill levels, they are provided with a fully expensed van and 25 days holiday per annum.
The job is very varied as our product portfolio is large. Initially the role will be mainly workshop based but at least one day per week will be spent shadowing one of our engineers.
- As the job is very practical we are more interested in an aptitude for technical problem solving
- Adaptable - willing to learn new skills
- Comfortable with maths as some of this is used when completing calibration certificates
- Computer knowledge would be useful
- Personable - as much of the work of the service engineer is customer facing
- Polite, professional, good time keeper
- Team player
GCSE Grade C, or above, in maths and English is essential for this Apprenticeship. (or equivalent of 4 or above).
Full Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship