We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Service Desk Engineer who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
Level 1 support of the Enterprise Mobility (EM) product suite which includes workspace one, IBM MaaS360, MobileIron, Microsoft EM+S. Support of the call recording and second numbering solution Movius.
- Bring 1st level tickets to resolution or escalate when required following chain of escalation
- Administration tasks for Managed Service Contracts such as add, remove, wipe and reporting
- Test and explore features in new and existing EM solutions
- Prepare reports for end customers as required based on their service entitlements
- Escalate issues to 2nd Line Support when required
- Liaise regularly with management to report on developing service issues
- Build strong relationships with key customers based on professionalism and strong work ethic
- Help grow the business through professional delivery of our services at all times
- Work on offsite or onsite kitting projects as required
- Configure devices following agreed process
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
A full-time permanent position is available upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong problem-solving skills, see issues to their resolution and work to prevent re-occurrence
- Meticulous and professional
- Enthusiasm for working in a small company environment where everybody needs to ‘dig in’ and do a bit of everything, but exposure to new areas and technologies is constant and the scope for experience-based learning unmatched
- Always going the ‘extra mile’ with customers to improve business relationships and potentially up-sell
- Strong ability to problem solve, see issues to their resolution and work to prevent re-occurrence
- Avid interest in technology, particularly smartphones
- Like working with customers of varying size and experience
- Love of engineering
The company require a bright, enthusiastic, and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English, and in three or four other subjects at least.
You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT (or equivalent) or at least experience with the workings of smartphones.
Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard.
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security:
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security, and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services:
An introduction to the fundamental cloud concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices, and protocols.
Communication in Support:
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.