We are recruiting apprentices to join our Service Desk teams based in Milton Keynes.
We have an Apprentice team with a dedicated technical mentor to develop our apprentices technical and customer service capabilities. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will become a Level 1 service desk technician where further mentoring will build you into a Level 2 Service Desk engineer within 12 months.
We promote career mobility and have multiple other teams where colleagues can grow their careers from onsite technical support, NOC monitoring, pre-sales solution design and professional services infrastructure implementation teams.
Ensuring our client’s systems and network infrastructure smooth running, ensuring they get maximum benefits from them. Activities may include:
- Answering inbound calls within an agreed answer time (9 seconds)
- Log all customer issues, queries, and requests into the ticket management system.
- Provide server, Network, and Desktop Technical Support, diagnosing customer issues, and providing a high level of the first-time fix.
- To action Hardware configurations and software installations.
- Manage and work to internal and customer SLA’s, escalating any concerns.
- Create and maintain customer-specific infrastructure documentation.
- End to end ownership of problem resolution.
- Managing client expectations through clear communications.
- Undertake all other reasonable requests.
- Ascertain a college qualification
Future ProspectsWe are an IT company so we have multiple areas colleagues can develop into such as Field Services, Service Operations (including cyber security), Pre-Sales (designing IT solutions), Professional Services (implementing IT solutions), working onsite at customers as well as Accounts and Business Compliance.
- Previous IT experience or skills are always beneficial
- Ability to communicate well as the role is telephone based;
- Enjoys learning new IT skills
- Working in a team
English and Maths Grade C/4 or above
An IT qualification would be desirable
Over the course of your Apprenticeship, you’ll split your time between South Central Institute of Technology completing the knowledge and competency qualifications of the programme and on the job training at Mirus IT Solutions Ltd.