This role will be based in the Solihull office which is very professional and corporate therefore they are looking for candidates who have a really positive attitude. The role will involve answering IT Support calls via the telephone, so good communication skills are also important. Working with Serco brings a whole host of benefits including an attractive weekly wage and a Solihull Bid Card.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Answering IT Support calls via the telephone
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Can oversee the execution of tasks assigned and works well with own/client teams to remove any obstacles
- Sets and meets customers (internal and external) expectations, promising only that which can be delivered
- Understands the relationship between work processes and the business
- Is aware of internal/external business issues and instigates the ideal course of action as a result, ensuring best practice at all times
- Has the ability to identify new opportunities within own area and appropriately engages client or manager in the pursuit of such opportunities
- Answer all contacts within contractual SLA’s and meet all other SLA and KPI targets
- Ensure communication delivered to users is accurate, appropriate and high-quality
- Ensure that all incoming contacts are logged, diagnosed and escalated to appropriate and consistent quality standards
- Deliver to first level resolution targets and improve on first level resolution
- Deliver to remote resolution targets and improve on the remote resolution
- Triage contacts to support teams and escalation areas as required
- Be responsible for delivering a high-quality IT support service in line with target SLAs
Full support and guidance will be provided by both the employer and training provider throughout the apprenticeship.
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme.
You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
- Manage your own workload in an accurate and timely manner
- Capable of working in a pressurised environment
- A logical thinker and problem solver
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about IT
- Looking to start a career
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths.
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in English Language.
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)