Main role / Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Become a member of our first-line service delivery team, responding to and resolving IT queries from our broad range of clients
- Assist with project delivery tasks, including the delivery and commissioning of equipment on site
- Learn a broad range of IT skills, including core infrastructure, end-user devices, networking, cloud platforms and VOIP technology. Platforms covered include Microsoft, Google, and Apple devices and software
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- A natural interest and passion for computers and technology are desirable
- Hardworking and dedicated individuals
- 5 GCSEs Grade A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent including English and maths
Level 3 Infrastructure technician apprenticeship standard which includes:
- BCS Award in Coding and Logic
- BCS Award in Business Processes
- Microsoft Technology Associate Networking Fundamentals
- BCS Award in Mobile and Operating Systems
- BCS Award in Cloud Services