What is a Service Advisor?
Service Advisors are the liaison point between the customer and service technicians working in the garage. They work with customers to determine problems with a vehicle and provide technicians with accurate repair descriptions. Additionally, service advisors are responsible for greeting customers, listening to requests, scheduling appointments, and estimating costs.
Key accountability & responsibilities will include:
- To work as part of a team delivering a first class, professional customer service ensuring that where possible customer enquiries, payments and complaints are resolved at the first point of contact
- To greet customers in a friendly, professional and courteous manner
- To work within established procedures for each service request including logging, processing and progress chasing enquiries, adhering to service level agreements and quality standards to maximise customer satisfaction
- To maintain electronic and written records of letters and forms received, information given, services requested, and complaints made, to ensure accuracy of information and efficiency when dealing with customers
- In conjunction with Service Advisor/Senior Service Advisor, to encourage feedback on services provided and recognise the changing needs of the service and make recommendations to the Service Manager/Depot Manager for service improvement.
- To undertake general administrative duties to ensure the smooth flow of work within the Customer Service Reception
- To assist the Service Advisor/Senior Service Advisor to give repair estimates and price quotations and offer repair suggestions
- To obtain customer authorisation and order numbers
This is a fantastic opening to gain potential permanent employment in a varied and ever-expanding industry. Ford and Slater have an enviable reputation for well-trained, high-quality staff and this is a career opportunity not to be missed.
This apprenticeship will involve working weekends and may involve working in the evenings. This is agreed locally on a rota basis. It will be hard work, but it is a great environment to work in. It offers opportunities for reward and progression.
Please do not contact the retailer directly. Learning Skills Partnership is the main point of contact for this vacancy, as we are providing a full recruitment service for the retailer. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application.
Once you commence at the retailer, further induction training will be supplied by the retailer. You will also receive visits and other training from the Learning Skills Partnership representative.
- Communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Polite, calm and approachable persona
- Must be a team player
- Must have flexible ‘can do’ approach
- Customer focus
- Team working
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable but not essential.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
This apprenticeship programme is delivered with a blended learning approach and includes a mixture of onsite tutor visits and online tutor led sessions. All delivery is completed in the workplace, and you will not need to attend any off-site training.