Apprentice Senior Chef
Windrush Taverns Ltd
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
Do you have a passion for food?
Have you previously achieved a Level 2 Cooking/Food Production qualification?
Do you want to join our talented team of Chefs?
This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Maytime Inn, have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Senior Chef to join their friendly, professional team, whilst undertaking a Level 3 Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship.
Key responsibilities of the role include (full training will be provided);
- Oversees and organises kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organisation, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assists head chef with menu creation
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
- Leads kitchen team in chef's absence
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
This is permanent position for the duration of the apprenticeship with a fulltime role offered to right candidate.
This is a position that requires weekend and bank holiday working, there are some split shift, but not all of them. Hours worked will be between 10am and 10pm, you will need to get to the site (driving would be an advantage)
- Attention to Detail,
- Ability to Work Under Pressure,
In order to be a success in this role you must;
- Have a passion for cooking,
- Strong Organisational Skills,
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills.
Level 2 Cookery/Food Processing and Cooking Apprenticeship/NVQ/Diploma would be expected. The ability to drive would be an advantage as this site is in a rural location with limited access by public transport.
Apprenticeship Senior Production Chef Level 3
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.