Day to day duties include:
- Provide a high quality and efficient reception service for all telephone enquirers, personal visitors, staff and children at the school
- Maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy of parents, children, staff and visitors
- Comply with the Schools’ Safeguarding and Health & Safety policies through adherence to the documented procedure and processes
- Ensure that the Reception Area is staffed at all times and to greet visitors and telephone callers, passing on messages in a timely and accurate manner
- Keep the Reception Area clean and tidy and clear of clutter at all times
- Answer general enquires about the school, including pupil applications, job vacancies and school trips
- To collate and distribute all items of correspondence received in school
- Assisting the Attendance Officer in ensuring that reasons for pupil absence are obtained and recorded each morning and afternoon
- Carry out designated school fire evacuation role and adhere to fire evacuation procedure in the event of a fire and during a fire drill
Upon completion of the 18-month apprenticeship program, depending on performance and the schools budget, you may be offered a full-time role at the school.
Addison Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. Addison Primary School is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and logical approach to problem solving
- Working as a team member to work flexibly in meeting deadlines and achieve objectives
- Able to communicate in a clear and effective way to a range of different audiences
- Ability to relate effectively to children and adults
- Ability to be resilient and maintain a firm but polite disposition
- Ability to work unsupervised
- To act as a role model all of our Values and treat children, parents, staff and visitors to the school with respect and care at all times
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and prompt time keeping are necessary to be effective
- Smart, professional appearance in-line with the Schools’ Dress Code
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)