Enjoy the busy atmosphere of this fantastic school, be the welcoming and friendly face that we need.
The role is ideal for someone looking to move onto a senior administrative position.
This role would suit somebody who thrives in a busy environment. You will be part of our very busy team and will also need to support senior leadership.
The role is varied and will include:
- Providing reception duties for the school and Children's Centre by being a welcoming first point of contact for all visitors and responding to their enquiries
- Monitoring access to the school site, ensuring visitors sign in and out and are aware of safeguarding, security and fire evacuation procedures
- Answering the telephone and ensuring accurate, timely messages are forwarded to staff by email
- Using computer equipment to input and extract data such as pupil, finance and staff data using a variety of software
- Support Leadership Team
- Produce resources, create digital matter and support staff and pupils with media projects
- All other general office duties
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part time positions
- The Qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the Apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date.
You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
- 8-minute walk from Ladyfields bus stop (routes 736 and 483)
- 6-minute walk from Packham Road bus stop (routes 305 and 481)
- Good ICT skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines is essential
- Ability to work well on their own as well as with others
- Good maths and English skills
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way and prioritise workload
- Ability to deal calmly with challenging situations
- Well organised
- Good attention to detail
- Articulate and presentable
GCSE maths and English Grade 4/C and above or equivalents.
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.