What will the apprentice be doing?
Retail is a fantastic path to start your career within the service or fashion industry. We need you to be a fun-loving, chatty sort who values customer service as much as we do. It wouldn't work otherwise, would it?
We love people who strive to be the best they can be and who take pride in what they do. Whether it's making sure your section of the shop looks the BEST, unpacking the delivery quicker than you did last time or being the friendliest and most efficient cashier ever. We've got a thing for a bit of ambition and hunger for hard workers.
Your role will be based within a busy schuh store. You will be providing excellent service by delivering the schuh customer service values, and be part of a team that maintain high standards of presentation & display; and efficiently handle stock, cash and administration.
You will learn how to:
- Deliver service that meets our customers' individual needs & always exceeds their expectations. Show personality & choose the right attitude in order to deliver unrivalled service.
- Care & respect customers & your colleagues.
- Acknowledge & greet customers and be aware of them at all times. No matter what else you may be doing customers are our primary focus, listen to what every customer wants and always be happy to help.
- Move fast & react quickly to customer needs including telephone queries.
- Politely deal with customer complaints and make customer led decisions to help to find the right solution.
- Acquire a sound knowledge of the product range including features & benefits. Show the customers what you know.
- Always offer alternatives when the customer's first choice is not available and promote complimentary or additional items.
- Positively promote the Company's customer order service remembering that we want to make the sale.
MERCHANDISING & DISPLAY
- Acquire a sound knowledge of store layout and merchandising techniques.
- Merchandise and present products on all types of fixtures considering Company guidelines and best use of ticketing and graphics.
- Ensure all display products are priced correctly, kept clean, tidy and replenished at all times.
CASH HANDLING & ADMINISTRATION
- Process sales and understand Company procedures for accepting all types of payment and all necessary administration.
- Understand the correct method for processing refunds and exchanges in accordance with the Company refund policy.
- Receive, unpack, check and put away stock deliveries quickly.
- Carry out stock counts and implement price changes quickly and accurately.
- Organise the transfer of stock to other locations, completing the correct paperwork/admin.
- Ensure all stock is stored properly & safely and stockrooms are kept clean & tidy.
- Take action to observe security procedures and minimise stock loss.
- Know the store sales plans & other key targets.
- Make suggestions to improve store performance.
- Be aware of best and worst selling lines and give feedback on product.
- Know the competition.
- Understand and comply with the Company's Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Understand and comply with all other company policies including Dignity at Work & Social Media policies.
- Carry out further duties as required by Store Management.
This is an overview of some of your potential everyday tasks.
At Schuh, you will be working towards the Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard over 15 months.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?Retailer Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Ongoing training and development.
Reality CheckThe key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Skills RequiredTeam Working, Organisation Skills
Qualifications RequiredOther None required (Grade None required) Desired