Apprentice Roofer - Intermediate (Level 2)
The Roofing Co (Nw)
National Construction College
Duties will include:
- Learn the process of understanding drawings and work in accordance with specifications
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
Installation of the following:
- Single lap roof coverings
- Plain tile roof coverings
- Pitched roof coverings
- Natural roof slates
- Weathering flashings and other ancillary items
- Attend College on a day or block release basis, and undertake any additional training as requested
- Take part in the apprentice review process
- Follow Health & Safety policy and procedures, including the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) where needed.
- Use all tools, equipment and materials safely
Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Roofer, Slater and Tiler. You must have reached the official school leaving age to apply for this vacancy. The job role would ideally suit a recent school or college leaver, although the employer would consider applicants from any age group. You will be provided with appropriate on-site practical experience and will attend college on a day release or block release basis, dependant on which college the employer decides to use. The job role is based in the Hazel Grove area of Stockport and applicants must live close to this location or be able to travel easily because of the start time of the working day. The employer would prefer applicants to have a minimum of GCSE Grade 4 or above in maths and English, but this is only desirable.
APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AT HEIGHT.
Career progression with this employer or the potential to progress to supervisory or managerial qualifications.
Applicants must be able to work at height. If unsure, it may be advisable to undergo some pre-apprenticeship training to make sure you are able to spend long periods working off the ground.
- Good communication skills
- Good numeracy
- Ability to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Can pay close attention to detail
- Can be flexible in work activities, locations and hours of work
- Ability to work in external environments and work at height
- Can understand and follow instructions
- Can work as part of a team
- Be able to use common sense and not be afraid to ask if unsure about anything
- Ability to take responsibility for own learning and development
Previous experience or work experience of working in a roofing/construction environment would be an advantage but is not essential.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free