This role is the first step in retail management. At The Perfume Shop our customers are at the heart of everything we do and you'll be taking a lead role as a Perfume expert to provide an amazing experience and help them select their perfect perfume! You will learn all the skills needed to support and drive sales in a fast-paced and evolving retail environment whilst working towards your Level 3 Apprenticeship - Retail Team Leader.
A DAY IN THIS ROLE INCLUDES:
No day is the same at TPS, however, you can expect to cover the following in a way that delights our customer:
- Engaging customers and nailing the sale
- Supporting the Store Manager in monitoring and positively influencing the store's KPIs
- Leading, coaching, updating your team to focus their talent and expertise
- Stock control and deliveries - keeping track and ensuring everything is where you need it to be
- Campaign change overs
- Communicating with your Store/Area Manager and getting support from where you need it (e.g. Systems, People Team, Merchandising, Marketing, CRM)
- A Retail Team Leader Level 3 qualification upon successful completion
- A 15-month fixed term contract - possibility to be made permanent in the business after
- A guaranteed 30 hrs/week - possibility to do more
- A mixture of online learning and on the job learning
- Clear End Point Assessment (EPA) criteria to ensure you know what you'll be measured on
- Regular support calls with a TPS support trainer and Babcock trainer to ensure you stay on track with your learning
AS AN APPRENTICE YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Attending workshops and participating in as many learning opportunities as possible
- Completing all tests, presentations and other required evaluations in a timely manner
- Attending meetings and offering suggestions for improvement
- Keeping a log of everything learned as evidence
THE PAY, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Competitive hourly rate
- 6 weeks paid holiday
- Access to product incentives
- Access to our pension scheme
- 20% off our products in store & online
- Additional discounts with some of our partners including Superdrug and Three Mobile
- Exclusive access to our eLearning platform to further enhance your development
- Health benefits including flu jabs, eyecare vouchers and life assurance
- Opportunity to participate in Give As You Earn to support the causes important to you
- Round the clock support from our partnership with RetailTrust
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will achieve a Retail Team Leader Level 3 qualification with the possibility of a permanent position in the business after.
You must be prepared to work flexible hours within a store rota.
You will need:
- Experience in a retail environment
- A strong preference for selling
- You love brands and ideally have a knowledge of perfume or a willingness to learn quickly
- Great time management skills to balance your work and learning
- Be committed to achieving your qualification - you need to own it!
This job is a good fit for you if:
- You are ambitious and are looking to take your first steps into retail management
- You communicate well
- You love to chat to customers and are confident in helping them to find their perfect perfume
- You enjoy working with a team and are passionate about achieving results
- You love to learn!
- You thrive on activity and a fast-paced environment
You will need to have 3 GCSE's or have previously completed a Level 2 Retailer Apprenticeship.
Level 2 Retail Team Leader
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role. Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.