What will the apprentice be doing?
You will complete the following: Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course. NPA Courses will commence around 8 weeks after you have been enrolled on the Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship. NPA Courses must be completed within the first 12 months of employment at the Pharmacy.
Your Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship will be delivered by Qube Learning who are a National Training Provider. As a student within Qube Learning you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor who will visit you every 4-6 weeks and deliver a bespoke teaching and learning session.
Your Apprenticeship Training Programme + NPA Courses should be completed in around 15 months. Functional Skills (maths and English) may form part of your programme. We are looking for an apprentice pharmacy assistant to join our friendly team in Coventry This is a training role, so we are looking for someone with a genuine passion to start their pharmacy career with a willingness to learn with enthusiasm.
As a Pharmacy assistant, you would be jointly responsible for the day to day running of the pharmacy:
- Ensuring that patients are severed quickly and effectively
- Maximising the retail sales area and being responsible for targeted sales
- Assisting the pharmacist in recruiting and retaining patients for services
- Offering outstanding patient care - every time
- Working as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the dispensary
- Giving advice to patients and working on the medicines counter
- At quieter times, helping with dispensing prescriptions
- Answering patient/prescriber/supplier queries
- Building relationships with patients, GP surgeries, suppliers and other healthcare professionals
- Maintaining stock control and cost effective purchasing
- Maintaining dispensary cleanliness and standards
- Assist in delivering enhanced/advanced/private patient services
- Assist in completion and organisation of pharmacy paperwork including cashing up
- Good attention to detail and high levels of concentration
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Confident and friendly in nature
- Flexible to assist the team in running the pharmacy
- We are looking for someone who is driven by patient care and has a commercial awareness.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Customer care skills, Friendly, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired