What will the apprentice be doing?
Some of your duties will include:
- Complete all NHS and other pharmacy service paperwork
- Undertake the training required by the company to fulfil your role effectively and ensure a high degree of professionalism
- Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs, and their uses
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation
- Ensure that customers receive excellent service
- Handing out medications to customers
- Ensure that the pharmacy always projects a professional image
- Ensure that all areas within the pharmacy are clean, tidy, and well organised with special attention to risk management guidelines
- Ensure all orders are checked off accurately, and stock stored with care
- Ensure the date checking procedure is maintained and recorded
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA)
- Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We would be looking to train our apprentice to a high standard, with the hope to offer an opportunity at the end to join us as a qualified dispensing member
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Caring, Customer care skills, Friendly
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired