What will the apprentice be doing?
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) – Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course. N
PA Courses will commence around 8 weeks after you have been enrolled on the Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship. NPA Courses must be completed within the first 12 months of employment at the Pharmacy.
Your Apprenticeship Training Programme + NPA Courses should be completed in around 15 months. Functional Skills may form part of your programme.
As an Apprentice at Day Lewis you will:
- Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs, and their uses
- Ensure that customers receive excellent service
- Handing out medications to customers
- Ensure that the pharmacy always projects a professional image
- Ensure that all areas within the pharmacy are clean, tidy, and well organised with special attention to risk management guidelines
- Ensure all orders are checked off accurately, and stock stored with care
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Retailer standard and 2 National Pharmacy association qualifications (Counter assistant & Medical dispensing) including Functional Skills in maths and English if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
It is hoped that the successful candidate will complete their apprenticeship successfully, remain with Day Lewis and grow their career within the company.
Progression routes to become a Pharmacy Tech/ACT level/Manger.
Reality CheckSharing your details (GDPR). Qube Learning will not share any of your personal details with any person or company outside our organisation, except the hiring manager for this specific position. We may share you details with another department within Qube Learning if we feel we could help you with the many other training opportunities we offer.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Caring, Customer care skills, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired