What will the apprentice be doing?
Some of your duties will include:
- Complete all NHS and other pharmacy service paperwork.
- Undertake the training required by the company to fulfil your role effectively and ensure a high degree of professionalism.
- Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs, and their uses.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Ensure that customers receive excellent service.
- Handing out medications to customers.
- Ensure that the pharmacy always projects a professional image.
- Ensure that all areas within the pharmacy are clean, tidy, and well organised with special attention to risk management guidelines.
- Ensure all orders are checked off accurately, and stock stored with care.
- Ensure the date checking procedure is maintained and recorded.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
Functional skills if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
It is hoped that the successful candidate will complete their apprenticeship successfully, remain with Click Chemist and grow their career within the company.
Reality CheckSharing your details (GDPR). Qube Learning will not share any of your personal details with any person or company outside our organisation, except the hiring manager for this specific position. We may share you details with another department within Qube Learning if we feel we could help you with the many other training opportunities we offer.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Communication skills, Friendly, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4//C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired