You will assist in Retail sales, Re-ordering stock, Assist in Dispensary with preparation of medicines and prescriptions.
You will complete the following:
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
NPA Courses will commence around 8 weeks after you have been enrolled on the Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship. NPA Courses must be completed within the first 12 months of employment at the Pharmacy.
Your Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship will be delivered by Qube Learning who are a National Training Provider. As a student within Qube Learning you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor who will visit you every 4-6 weeks and deliver a bespoke teaching and learning session.
Your Apprenticeship Training Programme + NPA Courses should be completed in around 15 months. Functional Skills (Maths and English) may form part of your programme.
- Read, ensure understanding, and comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Dispense medication in a timely manner, as stated on prescriptions, maintaining accurate dispensing records, and ensuring that the medication is accurately labelled to ensure medicines are correctly and safely supplied
- Dispense Monitored Dosage Systems (MDS) / blister packs and complete the associated documentation as per the associated SOPs where required
- Ensure the highest standards of professional service and care to our patients by offering informed advice on appropriate treatment of minor ailments and products and referring to the pharmacist when necessary
- Fulfil your role as a pharmacy apprentice in all NHS or private pharmacy services provided by your pharmacy
- Complete all NHS and other pharmacy service paperwork accurately and on time
- Ensure that locum pharmacists are briefed in company SOPs
- Undertake the training required by the company to fulfil your role effectively, and ensure a high degree of professionalism
- Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs, and their uses
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with the Data Protection Act (to be replaced with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018)
- Complete audits as requested by the company in a timely manner
- Ensure that customers receive excellent service
- Use the till system to serve customers and be able to complete sales transactions
- Deal with customer complaints and dispensing errors promptly and efficiently in accordance with company policy
- Develop and maintain good relationships with local surgeries, nursing homes, other healthcare professionals and local bodies
- Ensure that the pharmacy always projects a professional image
- Ensure that all areas within the pharmacy are clean, tidy, and well organised with special attention to risk management guidelines
- Ensure the floor is kept clean and free from hazards, e.g. boxes/totes
- Follow all company Health & Safety procedures and policies and complete any associated training
- Ensure high standards of pharmacy stock management, reduce stock holding and ensure maximum profitability
- Ensure all orders are checked off accurately, and stock stored with care
- Ensure the date checking procedure is maintained and recorded
- The above list is not exhaustive. You may be required to perform other duties, those deemed reasonable by your Manager
Please note you will be required to complete general house duties and cleaning as well as sharing responsibilities within your team.
Successful applicants will achieve a Level 2 Retailer Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Qualifications. The successful applicant will be a qualified Dispenser upon completion of the programme.
Future prospects: Level 3 Pharmacy Apprenticeship or Level 3 Retailer Apprenticeship + Accuracy Checking for Dispensers.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Self motivated
- Honest and trustworthy
- Punctual and committed
GCSE's grade C/4 or above including maths and English (or equivalent)
Training ProvidedRetail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.