You will complete the following:
Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course.
NPA Courses will commence around 8 weeks after you have been enrolled on the Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship. NPA Courses must be completed within the first 12 months of employment at the Pharmacy.
Your Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship will be delivered by Qube Learning who are a National Training Provider. As a student within Qube Learning you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor who will visit you every 4 - 6 weeks and deliver a bespoke teaching and learning session.
Your Apprenticeship Training Programme + NPA Courses should be completed in around 15 months. Functional Skills (Maths and English) may form part of your programme.
- Develop and maintain good customer relations.
- Answering the branch telephone in a timely manner and dealing with telephone queries.
- Assist in dealing with any customer complaints.
- Follow sales procedures when selling to customers.
- Advise on healthy lifestyles, giving accurate up-to-date information,
- To assist in the supply of prescribed items as required.
- Receiving a prescription: check patient’s signature, check doctor’s signature and check exemption or process prescription charge.
- Handing out completed, dispensed items as required: check correct medication for correct patient, check exemption or correct charge paid, hand medication to patient where verified.
- To assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines.
- To provide information to customers on symptoms and products.
- To refer customers to the pharmacist in identified situations prior to any product being sold or action being recommended.
- To promote and assist in the supply of enhanced, additional and advanced services provided by Badham Pharmacy Ltd,
- To promote and sell the total product range offered by Badham Pharmacy Ltd.
- Effectively working within and alongside the Dispensary team.
Your customer interactions may cover a wide range of situations and can include;
- Face-to-face, telephone, post, email, text and social media.
- Understanding internal and external customers
- Building trust with customers
- Legislation and regulatory requirements
- Organisational skills
- Understanding the customers point of view
- Personal service skills and knowledge
- Personalised customer service
Apprentice Vacancy Rota:
Week One: Mon - off , Tues - 10am-6pm , Wed - 10am-6pm , Thurs - 10am-6pm , Fri - 10am-6pm , Sat - off , Sun - off.
Week Two: Mon - 10am-6pm , Tues - 3pm-10pm , Wed - 10am-6pm , Thurs - 7am-3pm , Fri - 3pm-10pm , Sat - off , Sun - off.
Week Three: Mon - 10am-6pm , Tues - 10am-6pm , Wed - 7am-3pm , Thurs - 7am-3pm , Fri - 7am-3pm , Sat - off , Sun - off.
Week Four: Mon - 10am-6pm , Tue - 7am-3pm , Wed -10am-6pm , Thurs - 7am-3pm , Fri - 3pm-10pm , Sat - 3pm-10pm , Sun - off.
(30 mins unpaid for lunch)
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship
- Excellent numeracy and literacy
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Team player and diligent
GCSE grade C/4 or above in maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
- Retail Level 2 Apprenticeship
- + 2 GPhC Accredited Courses delivered by the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) Medicines Counter Assistant and Accredited Dispensing Assistant Course