This apprenticeship vacancy is a great stepping stone into a long term career with our thriving 50+ year old business. It gives the apprentice a great opportunity to show us their skills and enthusiasm. A large number of our team that started as an apprentice with us are now part of the senior management team, many of which have worked as part of our team for around 30 years. So if you are looking for a long term future in a really secure business we welcome your application.
In your role as an Apprentice Retail Assistant/Bike Builder, you would be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Offer a tailored approach to customer service and be able to sell the right product to every customer
- Offer a high level of customer service, always putting the customer first
- Create a great first impression on customers entering the store by being friendly and approachable
- Demonstrate how adept you are at selling by identifying customer preference by understanding their budget and requirements
- Promote offers and schemes available to each customer, including Ride to Work
- Handle customer queries and complaints with confidence and know when to escalate to a manager
- Use your training to bring products to life by using great knowledge and understanding of our cycles
- Have a good understanding of your targets and goals, using your sales skills to achieve them
- Contribute to day to day operations of the store, ensuring bikes are in price order and that bikes are in working condition, e.g. tyre check, clean etc.
- Support with deliveries, ensuring products are replenished as required
- Keep the shop floor, workshop and back of house clean and tidy by completing cleaning tasks during the day
- Provide advice on service and repair options
- Fit accessories as instructed
Hawk Cycles offer a generous discount scheme for all their employees. All employees will attend regular training days to ensure they're up to date with all industry standards.
This role will become permanent upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Whilst on an apprenticeship an apprentice is entitled to an NUS card NUS Apprentice extra.
- To be successful in this role you will need to be a hard worker with good communication skills and someone who is able to provide excellent customer service
- Work well as an individual and as part of a team
You do not have to have any qualifications to be successful in your application for this role.
Level 2 Retailer Apprenticeship Standard:
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentice’s chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment.
The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, one to one training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.