What will the apprentice be doing?
Within this role you will learn how to:
operate the checkouts, merchandise the store, process our industry leading click & collect service and we’ll also provide you with the opportunity to work on your sales and customer service skills by talking to our valued customers .
No one day is the same as the next in store life, but here are a few pointers on what to expect:
- Our success is built on delivering a digitally led service to our customers, so the key thing is to be Approachable, Curious & Resourceful at all times. This means putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- We’ll train you on our systems so that you’re able to assist our customers in identifying products, providing product information and offering advice on the products that best meet their requirements.
- We’ll show you how to operate our checkouts and be able to process transactions for credit/debit card and cash payments for product purchase.
- You will handle refunds or exchanges for product returns and correctly process any discounts in line with company process and procedures.
- Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, so safety training will also form a key part of your time with us.
- Whilst you’re working in the store, your aim will be to ensure that our standards never slip by helping to maintain a tidy and safe working environment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Retailer level 2 qualification including Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Possible Position/Apprenticeship
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Customer care skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired