Qube Learning are a national Training Provider who will support you throughout the duration of your apprenticeship, lasting a total of 15 months. As an Assistant Manager you will undertake a Retail Team Leader/ Supervisor Level 3+ qualification. You will be responsible for opening or closing the store therefore, we are looking for applicants with experience of following store security procedures.
You will be assigned a designated skills tutor, who will support you every step of the way throughout your apprenticeship. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established company and progress your career.
In this role you will assist the Store Manager in the day to day running of the store. Taking ownership of a number of duties while making sure that the stores KPIs are achieved. Furthermore, in the Manager’s absence you will be the first point of contact, therefore you will motivate the work force to drive sales and offer exceptional customer service, while exceeding targets and maintaining the standards of the business.
- Ensure that customers are given considerate and responsible service throughout their visit.
- Deal with enquires and complaints resolving the issue at the earliest opportunity in a professional manner.
- Ensure that personal appearance and standard of dress for the internal team is in line with company guidelines.
- Have an understanding of the Customer Service measuring programme, Customer Satisfaction Survey and company Net Promoter Score
- Ensure that targets are achieved and, where possible, exceeded.
- Able to understand and interpret the relevant oracle reports.
- Utilise in store devices, ensuring that all team members are driving this at every opportunity.
- Confident use of the store’s dashboard to analyse Footfall, ATV and Conversion.
- Attract, engage and motivate customers into making purchases in store by using the latest visual techniques.
- Ensure that the company brief has been actioned with the store
- Ensure that all merchandise is correctly priced, price amendments are actioned and all POS is correctly displayed.
- Ensure mannequins, displays and windows are updated in accordance with Visual Merchandising guidelines
Training & Development
- Develop internal staff and promote progression within the group.
- Monitor the Training and Development site and keep track of staff progression by the relevant
- Assist with store recruitment, new starter inductions and staff training.
- Management development should be prioritised with the use of the in house training.
Potential opportunities to continue a career with Blacks.
- Retail Management/ Supervisory experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent Time Management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- IT skills - Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Adaptable individual who can think outside the box.
- Show resiliency and have the tenacity to bounce back.
- Show a willingness to learn and go the extra mile.
GCSE Grade C/4 or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification).
Prior to undertaking the End-Point Assessment:
- The Apprentice must have completed training ensuring they can consistently demonstrate competence against all elements of the Apprenticeship standard
- Apprentices without English and Maths at level 2 must achieve this level
- An appropriate workplace project for the end-point assessment must be agreed for the Apprentice, based on their current job role
- Apprentices must have examples of work that they can use for reference in the professional dialogue and interview covering the knowledge, skills and behaviours being assessed by this assessment method
- The employer will judge whether the Apprentice is ready for the End-Point Assessment; they may wish to take advice from the training provider
To achieve final certification, the Apprentice must have an appropriate place, with internet access, to undertake the End-Point Assessment (EPA). The EPA consists of three distinct components:
- 2 hour written exam with a combination of short and extended answer questions, some incorporating scenarios
- A project requiring the apprentice to look at a strategic challenge, opportunity or idea within their retail environment
- Professional Discussion, lasting 1 hour
A minimum of a ‘pass’ in each component is required.