Apprentice Regional Building Surveyor
GREENE KING PLC
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
You will also be responsible for assisting a Regional Surveyor in the management of the repairs, maintenance budget and agreed investment capital within your region and be required to liaise across the business working closely with the Operational and Help Desk teams. You will also need to work with the Cost Manager and Finance Teams to ensure your budgets are controlled effectively.
As well as gaining real-life experience in the workplace, training will be provided via Birmingham City University, leading to a Level 6 Chartered Surveyor qualification and full membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors. Training will be delivered on a day release basis where you will have opportunity to network with other Apprentice Chartered Surveyors from other organisations.
- Assist in carrying out building surveying duties as directed within a defined geography on a diverse range of managed pubs.
- Facilitate the effective delivery of a property surveying programme, including capital development projects within agreed company criteria.
- Liaise with the operations teams, to provide technical advice and expertise on repairs and maintenance.
- Assist in managing the capital and revenue budgets and deliver best value.
- Participate in industry bodies and maintain awareness of trends, opportunities and changes to property surveying best practice. Providing monthly feedback to the property team on RICS CPD sessions.
- Create proactive maintenance solutions to improve service and reduce cost.
- Utilise best practice, common procedures and continuously improve the same.
- Communicate with the operational teams and provide appropriate information on maintenance spend and understand their priorities.
- Assist a Regional Surveyor in directing a team of outsourced support service providers.
- Ensure compliance with GK policies and statutory requirements.
- Assist the Regional Surveyors with statutory compliance responsibilities (fire risk assessments, asbestos etc.)
- Role model our Winning Ways, respect and embrace them.
On successful completion of your Apprenticeship you will be awarded the BSc (Hons) Building Surveying.
- A successful apprentice will have met the core requirements in terms of knowledge and skills and all the behaviour requirements plus two of the optional requirements for both knowledge and skills.
- Sound analytical skills and good judgement to inform decisions or when providing opinions or advice to others.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and written.
- Strong organisation skills to manage a diverse workload, delivering to deadlines which may involve regular travel.
- Self-motivated, flexible and prepared to work across a range of duties.
- Effective time management skills to balance work/study schedule.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Minimum of 3 A levels at Grade C or above or their equivalent
- A level 3 apprenticeship in a construction or property related discipline
- 5 GCSE's including Maths and English
- Chartered Surveyor Level 6 apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in Maths (if required)
- Functional Skills in English (if required)
- Functional Skills in ICT (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.