What will the apprentice be doing?
Following supervision and appropriate training the Recruitment and Retention Assistant Apprentice will be expected to efficiently undertake basic administration and clerical duties, which may include the following:
- To be the first port of call in assisting Managers on the process for advertising & recruitment & selection including the use of NHS jobs.
- To ensure that appropriate documents relating to pre and post employment processes are received, collated and recorded, and distributed as needed to support the recruitment and retention of staff.
- To identify, and where possible resolve discrepancies or errors and liaise withdesignated HR Managers and recruiting managers on those issues arising(from pre and post employment requirements) to ensure that queries, errors or areas of concern are dealt within a timely and professional manner.
- To produce and distribute contracts of employment and amendments to contracts to ensure compliance with legal deadlines.
- On a daily basis accurately update and maintain NHS Jobs PEC Dashboard which support’s the work of the recruitment team to ensure that the information requirements of the Trust can be accurately met in line with internal and external deadlines and standards.
- To provide administrative to support projects, case work and designated Trust business ensuring that all relevant parties are involved, updated and the supporting administration and paperwork is prepared accurately and is available in a timely fashion.
- Attending and taking part in team meetings and regular reviews with Line Manager
- To produce letters or reports from computerised or manual systems
- To deal helpfully and competently with general enquiries from members of the public and / or NHS staff by giving appropriate information verbally, by email or in writing or referring an enquiry to another department or person as appropriate.
- To assist with the production and distribution of a range of ad hoc letters to all staff or identified groups of staff to support essential communication about Trust initiatives or significant changes.
- To work collaboratively with individual members of the HR Team in support of key areas of work or projects. Undertaking a range of administrative and secretarial functions as required to ensure that work is delivered to required deadlines.
- To ensure that all data is stored, used and shared in accordance with Trust procedures and protocols and GDPR, and that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- E-recruitment administration using NHS Jobs, placing advertisements, managing closing dates, forwarding information about applications to recruiting managers, completing monitoring data.
- Assist the team in the production of the Trust’s weekly vacancy bulletin via NHS Jobs and the Trust’s Intranet site. Ensuring that mailing lists are updated on a regular basis and that any special vacancy bulletins are sent to named individuals.
- The recording and processing of the full range of pre-employment checks including e-DBS, the checking, recording and processing of right to work and residency status documents, liaising with managers and individuals, and bringing to the attention of a Recruitment & Retention Lead/ Senior HR Manager / Assistant HR Director any problems or issues arising.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful applicant will receive induction and training appropriate to the activities they
will undertake, and following this induction period will be enrolled with an educational
provider to complete the Advanced Level 3 Business and Administrator Apprenticeship
The apprentice will be expected to complete the elements of the apprenticeship within an 18-month timeframe. The apprenticeship framework includes:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard Certificate
- Functional Skills: English (Level 2) and Mathematics (Level 2) if not already achieved
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion the apprentice will be able to apply for a substantive positions at Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust. As a substantive member of staff you will have the opportunity to enrol onto higher apprenticeships.
Reality CheckAn ability to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to Trust values Ability to undertake all statutory and mandatory training Good numerical skills; able to manipulate figures (e.g. calculate salary) and analyse data (e.g. staff reports) Ability to complete apprenticeship work in personal time outside of work
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade Grade C/4 or Above) Desired