At Mytime Active you will be working towards a Leisure Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
Your daily duties will include:
- To maintain vigilant supervision of pool users and ensure their safety at all times
- To attend staff training as part of the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- To administer first aid, effect pool rescues and apply resuscitation as necessary
- To deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner and to ensure the highest level of customer enjoyment and satisfaction, meeting the Customer Service Standards
- To comply with the facilities Health and Safety procedures at all times in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act; carry out regular inspections and report any maintenance issues using the appropriate procedures
- To carry out cleaning duties to the highest possible standards
- To prepare activity areas involving the setting up/dismantling of equipment safely, ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use
- To coach courses when required
- To carry out pool water quality and environmental tests, plus spa tests if necessary
- To attend regular team meetings, with feedback to the Duty Managers on any operational issues
Ongoing training and development.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Are you able to swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds, swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and tread water for 30 seconds?
Are you able to work as part of a team and use your own initiative?
Are you motivated to serve the public and able to deliver excellent customer care with good verbal and written communication skills?
If so, apply!
Mytime Active are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with resilience and determination and the ability to see jobs through to completion. You must be reliable and enthusiastic and able to work in a busy environment, with the willingness to undertake any relevant training provided.
GCSE Grades A*-C/9-4 in English, maths, and IT (or equivalent) is preferred but not essential.
- Leisure Team Member Level 2
- Functional skills maths and English