Your main operational responsibilities will be as follows:
- Supporting service users from point of entry into the service and through their treatment/recovery journey
- Providing screening, assessment, psychosocial interventions, recovery planning and onward referral
- Reducing drug and alcohol related harm to service users and the wider community
- Promoting carer, service user and community involvement
- Providing advocacy for access to partnership services
- Working with service users to support social (re)integration, enabling them to lead meaningful and purposeful lives: promoting recovery, resilience, peer support and self determination
At Change Grow Live, you will be working towards an Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months!
Potential for ongoing training and development following successful completion of apprenticeship.
The vacancy dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, the vacancy could close early.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills, and an ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge and experience of using IT applications such Microsoft Word and Excel
An interest in the social care sector, within the field of drugs and alcohol
- Focus - we focus on the service user as the way to achieve positive change for the individual and community at large
- Empowerment - allows service users and employees to reach their full potential and achieve their ambitions
- Social justice - a shared commitment as individuals and as an organisation
- Respect - for each person we engage, without reservation or judgement
- Passion - being driven by innovation and determination - to bring about the safest, healthiest outcomes for individuals and communities
- Vocation - means our work is more than just a job
No qualifications required.
- Adult Care Worker Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths and English