Apprentice Receptionist/Customer Service
Firsway Health Centre
To provide a friendly and welcoming reception service to all patients, staff and visitors to the Health Centre and to deal with all enquiries/tasks in a competent and thorough manner.
Duties to include:
- Answering telephone calls
- Greeting patients and visitors to the Health Centre in a polite and courteous manner
- Dealing with all requests from patients, staff and health care professionals
- To be able to use the appointment system (EMIS) confidently and to book, cancel and re-schedule appointments
- Updating patient details on the clinical system
- Making sure the appointment system runs smoothly
- Chasing, when necessary. Follow-up appointments with patients for local hospitals etc. choose and book
- Checking in samples correctly for Health Care Assistants following required protocol
- Liaising with local pharmacies and dealing with queries
- Filing repeat prescriptions and letters for collection
- Giving out result comments from GPs
- Making sure that medical rooms are stocked with essential supplies needed for daily surgery and having a good knowledge of where stock is kept
- Arranging and changing clinic appointments with patients
- Documenting contacts with patients in the medical records
- Reading emails and responding as required, daily
- Any other duties deemed commensurate with the job grade
This role is for a 15 months fixed term contract. After satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship the employer will discuss the opportunity of a permanent contract.
The working hours are between 8:00am to 4:00pm.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Oral)
- IT skills
- Time Management and the ability to work to deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Willingness to develop and learn new skills
- Good attention to detail (vital skill)
- Good understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Planning and organising
- Performing under pressure
- Team working
Good standard of general education, GCSE’s A - C/7 - 4 in maths and English or equivalent.
- Level 2 - Customer Service Practitioner standard
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.