The Torbay Court Hotel is looking for an Apprentice Receptionist/ Beverage Assistant to work with the general manager and the team.
The role will involve working on our reception desk, assisting our guests in person, by phone, and e-mail.
As part of your daily duties you will book guests onto the booking system. You will also assist with the arrival and departure of guests, ensuring all outstanding balances are paid.
As part of your role, you will be required to take payments by cash and card from guests. You will be responsible for ensuring that all deposits and payments balance at the end of your shift.
Other duties to include:
- Checking guests in and out
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- Preparing bills and processing payments
- Liaising with other departments within the hotel
- Provide local information to the guests
- Providing beverages and assisting behind the bar
As an apprentice, you will be included on a Hospitality Team Member - Reception apprenticeship.
Your qualification will be delivered by an award-winning training provider who will support your learning and development throughout your apprenticeship.
This will involve a regional trainer coming to visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your apprenticeship
If the Apprenticeship is successfully completed there may be an opportunity for permanent employment within the hotel.
You will work on a shift pattern and your hours will include working early morning, evenings and weekends to the requirements of the workplace. Please note you could be asked to interview earlier than date given, as we are looking to fulfil the positions as soon as possible. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment!
- Proactive approach to work and able to work on their own initiative as well as in a team
- Confident in dealing with members of the public
- Experience of taking orders is an advantage but not essential
- To be successful in this role you will need to be a hard worker with good communication skills and who is able to provide excellent customer service
- You will need an outgoing personality and plenty of common sense, be reliable & punctual
Hospitality Team Member Level 2
- Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Reception
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT if required