- Take telephone calls to/from patients
- Greet patients and book them
- Deal with general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Take messages ensuring accuracy of detail and ensure messages are promptly passed on
- Assist in processing patient referrals
- To assist with patient referral related queries
- To provide cover for members of the secretarial and administration team during periods of sickness and annual leave
- Provide assistance with the provision of medical reports and copy medical records
- Provide general support within the admin team
- Liaising with other Health Service professionals and outside agencies
- Preparation and delivery to the post office of outgoing post, (in conjunction with other members of the Admin team)
Following completion of the apprenticeship programme, we hope to take the right candidate on as a full-time member of our team. You will receive training in a number of areas including medical terminology and we hope that you will stay with the practice for many years.
- Team player
- IT Skills
- Communication verbal and written
- People person
- Friendly and approachable
- Good timekeeper
- Reliable and flexible
- Caring/empathy - dealing with poorly people
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English and maths.
- Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
This apprenticeship is delivered through a combination of Work Based Assessment and day/block release. The programme will culminate in an End Point Assessment, where all the skills and knowledge gained on the apprenticeship will be formally tested.