Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator - Intermediate (Level 2)
Littleborough Group Practice
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Clearing and re-stock consulting rooms as required
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required, loading and emptying the dishwasher and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
This role is for a 15 months fixed term contract. After satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship the employer will discuss the opportunity of a permanent contract.
Applicants must be available to work to 18:30 pm and be flexible to cover sickness and annual leave. You should be conscientious, possess good communication skills and be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a busy team.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
There is good access via car, bus and train.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Oral)
- IT skills
- Time Management and the ability to work to deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Willingness to develop and learn new skills
- Good attention to detail (vital skill)
- Good understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Planning and organising
- Performing under pressure
- Team working
Good standard of general education, GCSE’s A – C 9-4 in maths and English or equivalent
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
- Functional Skills Level 1 in ICT, maths, and English
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.