A normal day would include
- Answering the telephone and transferring the calls
- Log incoming and outgoing samples onto Excel sheet
- Liaise with delivery drivers and couriers
- Photograph clothes
- Greet customers and visitors
- Open and distribute post
- Process outgoing post
What you could go on to do
This would depend on your interests, we are able to offer training in Sales, Design, Branding, Marketing and Merchandising.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Skills Company.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Skills Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Well presented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn new skills
GCSE or equivalent in English and maths A-C/9-4
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship gaining a Level 2 qualification in Customer Service