What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensuring reception operates efficiently and smoothly, dealing with callers and visitors in a courteous manner.
- Answering and forwarding calls/emails across both campuses
- Supporting the Facilities Manager in effective implementation of H&S and general day to day needs.
- Supervising the communal areas, to ensure the facilities are in order and safe
- Communicating and being a point of contact for contractors when need be.
- Working alongside the student services and safeguarding teams on
- Arbor and CPOMS.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
We provide yearly internal training for all staff which is applicable to their role including:
- Health and Safety
- First Aid
- Fire Warden
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administrator
Duration: 15 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your work place.
The Apprenticeship programme is made up of different units. Apprentices will be assessed on their knowledge, skills and behaviours throughout the apprenticeship and tracked online using an e-portfolio.
These are grouped into 3 themes which complement each other and are as follows:
1) Core Business & Administration
2) Managing Self & Personal Skills
3) Using Resources & Achieving Results.
- After each theme is complete, a Mock End Point Assessment is carried out to ensure apprentices are prepared for the End Point Assessment at the end of the programme.
- After a minimum of 372 days and successful delivery of the programme, the end point assessment will take place. The end-point assessment is a synoptic assessment of the skills, behaviours and knowledge that have been developed throughout the apprenticeship.
- End-Point Assessments will involve an independent assessor carrying out final assessments with the apprentice, to ensure that the competences and learning within the ‘Apprenticeship Standard’ have been met
Apprentices can achieve a pass, merit or distinction dependent on how well they perform in their End-Point Assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Able to progress in many other areas within the organisation, depending on ability and interest.
Amazing external contacts within the creative industry for further prospects.
Reality CheckWe have two sites which are ten minutes’ walk apart. This role will require some time on both sites. Transport links are excellent for both sites
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Non judgemental, Empathy, Positive attitude
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 /C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C) Essential