The job role will require the successful candidate to
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Practice team
- Complete administration and customer facing tasks offering a friendly image to patients and other visitors
- Deal with enquiries either in person or over the telephone
- We can offer an environment which would allow an apprentice to further their skills and knowledge in a healthcare setting
- Good prospects as the job will include gaining formal qualifications
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- No specific skills are required as training will be provided
- Must be able to work in a professional, courteous, efficient and effective way
- Must have a friendly personality to be able to deal with patients and other visitor
- Training will be provided so no specific qualifications are required
The successful candidates will be enrolled on the Practice Managers Association Medical Administrator / Business Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3 Programme.
Details of this programme can be found at:
As well as the apprenticeship training we have the availability of training modules that are both mandatory and optional that all staff complete whilst employed with us.