The TSO business continues to grow and develop, we are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice Quantity Surveyor to join our Rail and Civil Engineering business unit, where you will provide support to our existing Site Management team across various projects, whilst studying on a day/block release basis at either college or university.
The Apprentice Quantity Surveyor (QS) shall be responsible for:
- Assisting with re-measurements on site for labour-only and sub-contract payments
- Attending Sub-contract pre-appointment meetings
- Sub-contract management including the checking and processing of labour-only and sub-contract payments
- Assisting in the preparation of interim valuations
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Preparation and issuing of sub-contract documentation to sub-contractors
- Maintaining live costs of selected works
- Liaising with Engineers for records of labour, plant and materials
- Preparing take-offs for potential schemes and for the Estimating Department
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the Apprentice Quantity Surveyor (Rail / Civils) and the range of duties to be undertaken.
Dependent on performance, candidates will be encouraged to progress within NGE through increased responsibilities and further education up to Masters Degree.
The position is based in London, however due to project needs you may be required to travel to different depots. All travel costs will be covered by the company if required for work purposes. The position is based within an office environment. There may be some instances where going on site would be required.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Microsoft skills required
- We would like an enthusiastic individual that is pro active and willing to learn
- To work well within a team but to be able to show independency too
GCSE in Maths and English A-C or equivalent.
- Advanced Apprentice Level 3 Surveying
- Functional Skills
- Personal learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment rights and responsibilities