What will the apprentice be doing?
· Apply health and safety best practices to all activities
· Assist the QS in the selection of and negotiation with suitable subcontractors / suppliers for a construction project
· Assist in the measurement and costing of construction works during a project.
· Assist in the preparation compilation and binding of reports
· Assist in the collection, collation and storage of relevant data and its analysis
· Support the Senior QS with monthly subcontractor payments. This will include supporting on-site valuations, re-measurement of works and negotiation.
· Assist in compilation of information for Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR)
· Assist with material procurement of all required items, inputting and issuing orders on COINS OA.
· Assist with measuring drawings, taking off quantities, preparing schedules, estimates and other working documents.
· Support in the preparation of construction budgets within a given timescale using a COINS OA software system.
· Attending site meetings
· Support QS with issue and collation of tender enquiry documents and returns
· Attend college days, tutor sessions and block release weeks
· Capture and record off-the-job training activity within apprenticeship provider’s systems
· Carry out other support and administrative duties that maybe required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 4 Quantity Surveying Technician
This apprenticeship programme is delivered with a blended learning approach and includes a mixture of onsite tutor visits and online tutor led sessions. All delivery is completed in the workplace and you will not need to attend any off-site training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a fantastic opening to apply for permanent employment in a varied and ever expanding industry. Churchill Retirement has an enviable reputation for well trained, high quality staff and this is a career opportunity not to be missed.
Reality CheckHow you’ll be rewarded · Starting Salary of £12,000 - £15000 depending on age and experience · Annual holiday entitlement - 24 days + Bank Holidays · Group Personal Pension Plan · Health Screening · Life Assurance · Day off on your birthday · Gain recognised IT and Microsoft qualifications We have Excellent Colleague benefits including: · Ongoing investment into your personal development · Training Courses and Professional Memberships paid · Colleague well-being initiatives and ambassadors · Peer recognition programme · Colleague referral bonus · Access to Employee Assistance programme · Eyecare reimbursement · Land introduction bonus · Friends & family discount against the cost of a new Churchill apartment · Charitable match-funding programme for Colleagues wishing to raise money for their chosen charities
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Three A levels required, any subject (Grade C or above) Essential