What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide admin support to the teams within property services, which will require a creative and adaptive approach to a variety of tasks.
- To ensure all raising of requisitions are processed accurately.
- To ensure all external invoices are checked, processed, and cleared for payment within targets set to achieve performance.
- To assist in the collation of figures for performance monitoring for the team and accurately input data into systems as required
- To ensure all post coming in and out of property services is correctly recorded and processed.
- To assist with scheduling of works orders for property services.
- To ensure all records for the team are filed accurately and kept for the required time and in line with GDPR.
- To facilitate in meetings when required.
- To provide customer liaison and resolve issues when required.
- To assist with quality control systems.
- To contribute to the overall performance improvements of property services, including improvements to the Housing Repairs System
- Assisting within the Depot Stores with ordering and picking orders.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Mandatory Training modules including Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Cyber Security, Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Equality in the Workplace. Training on Microsoft Teams, plus any bespoke systems used.
On the job training will be provided in all aspects of the role. The apprentice will attend monthly apprenticeship workshops delivered by the Assessor, for this Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship. The workshops may be delivered online or at a designated Council training venue.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Although there is not a guarantee of a job at completion of the apprenticeship the council is a broad and varied organisation with a huge number of exciting opportunities for staff to progress, grow and develop. It is an excellent employer where many members of staff have chosen to build a career. This apprenticeship will introduce the post holder to the wide variety of services that the council provides. Upon completion of the training, the apprentice will be well placed to apply for vacancies.
Reality CheckSome heavy lifting may be required when assisting in the depot store. Although driving licence is not required consideration must be made on how the apprentice will be able to travel to work.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C / 4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C / 4 or above) Essential