As a Property Manager, you will be playing an instrumental role in the company as the responsible person for a portfolio of diverse estates in London and the Home Counties. We are looking for someone that is good at forming and maintaining strong relationships and someone that understands the importance of customer service. It is a requirement of this role that you have your own car for visiting your allocated estates. Expenses will be reimbursed.
In April 2015, the co-founders and managing partners of JFM, James Farrar & Joe Mallon, began building JFM into one of the success stories of the sector in recent times. Our aim was to increase the control and improve the experience of homeowners who paid service charges. This meant being more open, giving more choice, and being more transparent.
This focus on consumer-empowerment encouraged JFM to develop an intelligent approach to property management. We’ve set out to develop a relationship tailored to each set of people we work with, while paying attention to the fundamentals of good estate management. This outlook, coupled with hard work and determination, has allowed JFM to develop into an industry-leading firm in just four and half years. Having started out as a two-man start-up with zero clients and zero leads in April 2015, the company’s success has been meteoric:
• Team now includes 27 staff members / 40 site staff
• Winners of 7 national industry awards: 2017-2019
• Managing Partners – Recognised as most influential in Leasehold in 2016 and 2018 (News on the Block)
• Online review scores – Google: 4.9 – Facebook: 4.3
• 90 blocks & estates now under management
• Approx. 5,000 units in our portfolio – over 160% growth in two years
• Highly prestigious developments under management.
Change of Direction
In 2019, JFM decided to build up and invest into the most important part of our company – our staff. The environment and culture at our company are excellent. People love working here. That’s why we were finalists in the ‘Employer of the Year’ category at ARMA Ace 2019. It’s also why we’re in the running for the same award at Property Week’s ‘Management All Stars’ 2019.
But now we’ve gone further by announcing a ground-breaking new policy in respect of our staff. In fact, we’ve decided we want to revolutionise our relationship with our people. The change is going to be the first of its kind in the industry.
We have ‘supercharged’ our working benefits package and made JFM the best place to work in the sector.
The goal – to attract and retain the highest calibre staff the industry has to offer, aligning with our revised mission statement: “To create the best environment, to empower the best people, to provide the best possible property management service”.
We’ve rolled out:
• Flexible working hours & Increased work-from-home
• Private Healthcare cover
• Critical illness cover
• Life Insurance cover
• Income Protection cover
• Medical Cash Plan (including dental, optical and low-cost everyday medical expense cover)
• Staff Council – for making key workplace decisions
• Be first point of contact for your allocated sites
• Conduct site visits and action reports for your blocks and estates
• Chair directors’ meetings and AGMS
• Risk management
• Technical guidance to boards of Directors and other key client contacts
The opportunity for a full-time role upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Strong writing ability – taking pride in all written work
- Excellent time-management, prioritisation and delegation skills.
- Excellent numeracy/analytical skills and competency in dealing with financial information
- Excellent computer skills – knowledge of Property Management software would be an advantage
- Excellent people skills – an ability to adapt your style as required.
- Excellent commercial skills – demonstrate an awareness of commercial reality
- Innovative: able to work within an organisation that is always improving
- Accountability: take personal responsibility for seeing things through to successful resolution
- Thorough: attention to detail, the ability to think things through – not just follow a checklist
- Commitment: take pride in your work and care about your/the team’s performance
- Mature: common-sense approach. Remain calm & measured while juggling multiple projects
- At least two years block management sector experience
- At least one-year experience being responsible for a portfolio
- Full UK Drivers licence and access to a vehicle for business purposes
- Undergraduate degree
The successful applicant will complete and obtain a L3 Housing and Property qualification