Apprentice Project Manager with The Financial Conduct Authority - Higher (Level 4)
THE FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
What will I get from this role?
- Your work will be both varied and challenging. You will work with colleagues to influence how the FCA operates
- You will get access and exposure to a wide range of FCA colleagues, including senior FCA decision makers. Your network will span cross-organisationally as well as across S&C
- There will be opportunities to work on other improvement projects across the division, or to work on other Consumer Policy matters such as research and matters regarding the wider regulatory family
- Business case - Contribute to the preparation or maintenance of any relevant business case documents
- Project planning – Working with the teams to establish bassline project timelines and managing changes and adjustments as projects progress. Regular reporting on milestones and reasons for changes in milestone dates
- Scope management – Support the definition of the scope and then help in controlling and managing changes to scope considering assumptions, dependencies and constraints and consequences
- Project governance – Maintain overview of project headline plans. Regular reporting on milestones and reasons for changes in milestone dates
- Stakeholder and communications management – Help identify and map stakeholders. There will be the opportunity to present to a wide range of audiences, including Senior Management Team and Senior Leadership Team. Work with colleagues in the events team to plan and deliver events
- Budgeting and cost control – Help with the estimation of project budgets during business planning. Maintain the prof fees forecast and monitor actual costs against them, flagging early any significant deviations from budgeted spend. Manage accruals process
- Risk, and issue management – Identify and monitor operational risks or opportunities, as well as mitigations. Maintain an overview of risks and issues on projects, facilitate regular risk and issue discussions and ensure that risks are escalated in a timely and appropriate way
- Contract management and procurement – Where appropriate support procurement, raising of purchase orders manage quality on delivery and ensure supplier payment on time
- Project Administration – there will be a certain amount of project administration required including booking meeting rooms, arranging travel, minuting meetings and maintaining action logs
- Resource management – Maintaining resource forecast, analysis of availability, tracking staff movements. Help assess resource requirements for activities based on data held
- Recruitment - Maintaining track of recruitment and providing headcount analysis to inform new recruitment plans
Career and family leave, flexible working options, a minimum of 25 days’ holiday, a non-contributory pension, private healthcare, interest-free season ticket loans, a performance-based bonus, a subsidised on-site fitness centre (London only), a subsidised restaurant, charity and volunteering initiatives, sports and social clubs, a reflection and multi-faith room and free eye tests.
Apprentices who successfully complete their professional qualification and apprenticeship programme will be considered for a permanent role within the FCA.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more information.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages - particularly Word, Outlook, Access Excel and PowerPoint.
- Connect and deliver / Engagement - Collaboration and team work - Understands the value of team working and is effective as part of an integrated team. Also understand the need to join up wider than just Policy Group
- Be ambitious / Self-Management – Can work autonomously for the benefit of the team. Can communicate about and supports the vision for project delivery in Policy Group
- Work Inclusively / Judgement- Working effectively with and influencing others, taking account of diversity and equality. Influences and facilitates effective team performance
- Deliver in Public Interest / Delivery - Demonstrates clear commitment to seeing work through, achieving agreed desired benefits and continually improving performance
- Act with Integrity / Deliver in Public Interest - Promotes the wider public good in all actions, acting in a morally, legally and socially appropriate manner. Promotes and models the highest standards of professional integrity, ethics, trust and continued development
- Minimum of 2 A Levels at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent)
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) and above, including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications
As an Associate Project Manager Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Associate Project Manager Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. Within the Apprenticeship you will complete the APM PMQ.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures and workplace support.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.