What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work closely with the teams to support the delivery of a positive ‘end to end’ experience for our colleagues
- Data entry
- Schedule recruitment interviews
- Post job adverts
- Support in coordinating the design, delivery, launch and business completion of mandatory training
- Write minutes to support the People Advisors in grievance, disciplinary and colleague rep meetings
- Update the People page on the intranet
- Raise Purchase Orders
- Produce letters or emails
- Order stationery for the People team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As well as working towards an Advanced level qualification in HR Support there are lots of additional learning and development opportunities to support you in your role, from workshops that will help you with communication through to technical workshops like excel.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a role with excellent career development opportunities and study support. The exposure across the wider HR function will give an exceptional grounding in HR, Pay and Reward, Recruitment and Talent Development. You will be able to decide which area and specialism you want to work towards.
Reality CheckYou need to be at least 16, and be studying for (or have finished) your A-Levels or an equivalent. You don't need any minimum grades, but you do need to share our passion for common sense.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Common Sense, Ambition
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 (and above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (and above)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade Pass) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Any (Grade Pass) Desired